Infertility is described as attempting to get preganant for at least one year or more without success. Whether you are planning to use high tech fertility treatment, such as IVF or ART, or you want to take the more natural approach, the good news is that Acupuncture treatment may significantly increase your chances of acheiving pregnancy, some studies indicate by 35% or more. We will work with the medical doctors in our area who specialize in infertility as a team approach to your goal of achieving pregnancy.
How can Acupuncture Enhance Fertility?
In general, by strengthening a patient's health, it allow the natural inborn ability of conception to take place. A healthy more balanced body will conceive more naturally. Some of the way Acupuncture enhances fertility is as follows:
- Helps to regulate menstrual cycles
- Helps to reduce stress by regulating hormones
- Improves Ovarian Function
- Encourages Production of Follicles and Enhances their Quality
- Improves Blood Flow to the Ovaries and Uterus
- Reduces Miscarriages
- Enhances the Immune System
- Lessens Uterine Contractions after Embryo Transfer
- Improves thickness of Uterine Wall Lining
- Improves Sperm Parameters (takes 3 months)
- Improves Quality of Ocoytes (takes 3 months)
Recommended reading to learn more about how Acupuncture can help with Fertility is a book by Dr. Randine Lewis, PhD called The Infertility Cure.